Sunday, July 3, 2016

in the kitchen May 2016

Some highlights in the kitchen from May. Better late than never!
 
Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Avocado Pesto (without the pine nuts) from here. I've been meaning to buy a Spiralizer but for now I just make do with using the box grater technique.


Carrot and Beetroot Mint Salad from the Endometriosis Holistic Program and my winter staple, Cauliflower Soup with Coconut Milk. A vegan version of the one from Super Natural Every Day.


Carrot Patties with Coriander Pesto (Brazil nuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, garlic, lemon and avocado oil) This is one of my favourite dishes from the Endometriosis Holistic Program and I have made it several times already. I also keep the pesto as a fridge staple.





Blueberry Oat and Yoghurt Muffins for the school lunch box. I made 3 dozens in one week! No one around here seems to understand what a daily serving is when it comes to baked goods. Recipe from Donna Hay.


Chicken Soup. I hear a few sniffles and bam! I'm in the kitchen madly cooking homemade chicken soup (when I don't have chronic fatigue) with free range chicken and organic vegetables. It's disappointing I've not had access to organic chicken for a long while now. For my hormonal health I'm refraining from this immune boosting winter remedy until I can find organic chicken.


Citrus juice with Olive Leaf Extract. One of my secret weapons for sniffly little peeps.


Traditional Goulash - a regular winter dish.



Spicy Red Kidney Beans. I'm rarely eating meat these days so when the boys are eating left over goulash mum is feasting on delicious vegetarian mexican food.




Shephards Mince and Vegetable Pie (all organic!) for the boys and Tofu Scrambled Eggs with Spinach and Tomatoes for me with fresh ingredients from my monthly farmers market.


Squirrel shopping at my local bulk health food shop. Raw local honey and organic vegetable cube stock are pantry staples that we go through pretty quickly. The Sprouted Sourdough Bread is one I have bought occasionally over the years when I have felt a bit ergh. You'll find it in the refridgerator section. My current tip is to slice it with a wet serrated knife and place in a container with baking paper between each slice and freeze. I'm not suppose to eat wheat on my Endo diet, so on the days I need something more I toast this. You simply can't fault biodynamic sprouted sourdough bread.


Tofu Green Curry. Lucky finds at the back of the "fridge abyss" -  a block of organic tofu and the good curry from the supermarket for a quick midweek meal.


So cooking friends what have you been making in your kitchen?


5 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I love your food posts!! It all looks so delicious and inspires me to try out some new recipes/foods!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm inspired by the amount you can knock out on your baking days for your family.

      Delete
  2. nice! I am still wishing to do more in the kitchen than I do! You are doing really well, with all of these great dishes! those muffins look so good! and great chicken soup! I hope the diet helps you return to a better state of health, I know it is so hard to feel so depleted! God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the diet is a big part of the program and has helped immensely along with the vitamins. Surely the only way is up now. You've indulged my curiosity with food posts during your busy times and hosting special religious functions.

      Delete